Because the Russia-Ukraine battle enters its sixth day, we check out the key developments.
Russia is urgent on with its invasion of Ukraine, defying mounting world stress that noticed a battle crimes probe opened in opposition to it and sanctions smash its economic system.
Greater than 350 civilians, together with 14 youngsters, have been killed in the course of the invasion, in accordance with Ukraine’s authorities, whereas greater than half 1,000,000 individuals have fled the nation.
Beneath are the important thing moments from Tuesday, March 1, the sixth day of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine:
- Satellite tv for pc photographs confirmed an unlimited army column amassing simply north of Ukraine’s capital, Kyiv, the place residents are braced for a Russian assault.
Russians attain Kherson
- Russian forces reached the southern metropolis of Kherson close to Moscow-controlled Crimea, organising checkpoints on its outskirts, its mayor stated. Moscow claimed to have besieged the town two days in the past.
Dozens of Ukrainian troopers killed
- A Ukrainian official stated a Russian artillery assault on a army unit in Okhtyrka, a metropolis between Kharkiv and Kyiv, killed no less than 70 Ukrainian troopers on Monday.
Air-raid alerts in Kharkiv and different cities
- The Kyiv Unbiased, a Ukrainian information outlet, is reporting air-raid sirens in Kyiv, Kharkiv and different cities, together with Vinnytsia, Uman and Cherkasy.
Turkey blocks warships
No breakthrough at talks
- Negotiators from Ukraine and Russia ended the primary spherical of talks with no breakthrough. Each side comply with conduct a second spherical “quickly”.
- The top of the United Nations atomic power watchdog, the IAEA, expressed “grave concern” that invading Russian troops are working near Ukraine’s largest nuclear energy station close to Zaporizhzhia.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered emergency capital controls and compelled exporters to purchase roubles to prop up the foreign money, which fell by greater than 30 per cent in the beginning of commerce on Monday in opposition to the US greenback.
Ukraine says Starlink tools has arrived
- Ukraine’s minister of digital transformation stated tools to make use of SpaceX’s Starlink satellite tv for pc web service has arrived in his nation.
No Hollywood movies
- Disney and Sony Footage stopped the discharge of their movies in Russian cinemas due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
Mastercard blocks a number of monetary establishments
- Mastercard blocked a number of monetary establishments from its fee community because of sanctions imposed on Russia over its invasion of Ukraine.
You may learn key moments from Day 5 right here